Sunday 20 May 2018

With a Twist!



‘Cause everything old is new again!
- Peter Allen and Carole Bayer Sager
All That Jazz

A short blog post today. Tomorrow, my camera and I are heading off to Montreal for a few days of photography (woohoo!), so I wanted to post these photos before leaving.

Previously in this blog, I’ve written glowingly about the Prince Edward County Photography Club. It is an organization that provides ongoing opportunities and support to photographers throughout the Bay of Quinte area. It meets in the Wellington Public Library on the first Sunday of the month at 7 pm (except on holiday weekends, in which case we meet on the second Sunday). I enjoy the people and I enjoy the challenges. It’s a fine, fine group – and I’m proud to be a member.

There is a photographic challenge theme assigned each month and members can submit up to five images that reflect that theme. Ken Liddon, the hardworking president of the club, assembles all the members’ images into a slideshow, complete with music. It’s great fun to watch – and even more fun to use the monthly themes as a lens for looking at the world. The theme for the May meeting was “Everyday Items With a Twist”, for which we were asked to look at everyday items with a fresh eye. 

So...here are the five photographs that I submitted, all coming from the time that Bill and I spent in Australia earlier this year.


Enjoy!


Empty booze bottle in a Melbourne alley


Denis on stairs at the Gordon Dam, Tasmania.
Going upstairs or down?


Elegant water fountain, Kingston Beach, Tasmania


Window frame, Kingston Beach, Tasmania


Flowered bathtub, part of an installation by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama at the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne





No comments:

Post a Comment