Tuesday 18 June 2019

Quilt Canada 2019



“Quilting is like love.
Enter it with abandon or not at all.”
- Anonymous

Last week, I attended my first Quilt Canada convention in Ottawa. What an experience - a feast for the eyes and a gift for the camera!

And the quilters? Vibrant, determined, skilful, funny, generous, focused – and the list goes on.

If you are a Friend of Fabric, the EY Convention Centre near the Ottawa airport was the place to be.

And it was certainly the place for my husband to be. He had three quilts in the National Juried Show, taught two classes, and made a two-hour presentation about his quilts, complete with a standing ovation at the end. 

I was so very proud of him – in the world of Canadian quilting, he is part of the royal family.

While my husband basked and networked, I got to know some of his peers, people that previously I had known only by hearing Bill talk about them. I look forward to nurturing these new friendships. Let’s just say that there are some seriously interesting people involved in quilting.

I also took the opportunity to photograph some of the quilts. The photos that follow feature mostly detailed close-ups. I hope they do the quilts justice.

And if you’ve never been to a quilting show, I suggest you give it a try! 

Meanwhile, enjoy the photos.


Surviving January
by Bill Stearman
Quilted by Deanna Gaudaur



The Choice
by Judy Leslie



Technicolor Dream Parrot
by Roxanne Nelson



Cree Hunter II
by Maggie Vanderweit



Turning Point
by Bethany Garner



Brassica
by Jasmine Travers
Quilted by Kathleen Riggins



My Vision
by Pauline Clarke



Third Colony
by Betty Busby



Carpooling/Covoiturage
by Dianne Chrétien



Focus
by Jeanne Santoro
Quilted by Sandra Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment