Monday 26 March 2018

Colour! Colour!

 
“You are all the colours at once, at full brightness.”
- Virginia Woolf

“Life is about using the whole box of colours.”
- RuPaul

“Colour in a picture is like enthusiasm in life.”
- Vincent Van Gogh

Now that Bill and I have been back in Canada for ten days, I thought it was time to celebrate the arrival of Spring in the northern hemisphere by playing with colour. Having a full palette of colours in my life at this time of the year helps convince my heart what my mind already knows, namely that the muted browns, taupes, and greys that dominate the landscape will soon evolve into a riot of colour. Bring it on, say I!


So, as my first post-Australian blog, I have nothing profound to offer you beyond the sheer exuberance of the colours in these photos. Enjoy!

Old Parliament Buildings, Canberra

National Museum of Australia, Canberra

"Palace of the Republic" Paper Sculpture by Louise Paramor, 
Ian Potter Centre, National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne

Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Little Swanport, Tasmania

Visitors enjoying Melbourne's vibrant street art

Pussy Power at dawn in Canberra

Beauteous umbrella, Sydney Opera House

Mister High-Viz, Sydney Opera House

Public fishing dock, Strahan, Tasmania

The quiet dignity of St. Thomas' Anglican Church, Belleville

1 comment: