Monday 1 April 2019

Leaving Australia


Australia Blog #9 – 1 April 2019
Sydney

It’s hard to leave this time…
  
Australia has been part of my life since 1971. That’s 48 years of travelling back and forth across the Pacific Ocean. This country has helped shape me as a human being. In many ways, I grew up here. In the past, when I’ve flown back to Canada, I’ve usually been anxious to return home. This time, however, it’s different. I really want to stay here, especially in Tasmania. It’s not that I don’t want to go home – I do. And I want to sleep in our own bed, shower in our own shower, and reconnect with beloved family, friends, dogs – and even the cat. But part of me wants to stay. It’s not just the scenery or the places we’ve explored. It’s the people. We have dear friends here, and I will miss them. It doesn’t mean that my Canadian friends are any less dear – not at all. But…I really wish that the Australian friends were closer. I feel more complete having them in my life.

This feeling has surfaced in the last few days as we’ve wandered around Sydney and reconnected with family and friends before our flight home on Tuesday, April 2.

I will miss Australia.

The photos: Sydney images from the last few days – animals in Taronga Zoo, architectural details, and flowers in the Royal Botanic Garden. I hope you enjoy them. Once I’m back in Canada, I have more photos to post in my blog from Tasmania and Canberra. I trust you won’t mind the nostalgia that will accompany them.












No comments:

Post a Comment